Muda Scantrad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muda Scanlation group. Come and have fun with us!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON!
ATTENTION: In short, we will be moving all our releases to a blog! The rest of the forum will keep running normally.
Now follow us on Twitter!! @MudaScans
If you wanna have some chat with us, come here ^^ : irc://irc.irchighway.net/Muda-Scanlations
If you want to help us with the edition of our series, don't forget to apply here!

Share | 

Applying for cleaner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HeartKreuz
Where am I?

Joined date : 2010-09-08

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:18 pm

can i apply for a cleaner? though i dont have much experience in this kind of thing but im willing to learn Smile

thnx in advance and more power to you guys
Back to top Go down
Kiba
Administrator
Administrator
Kiba

Joined date : 2010-07-17
Awards :  

Vongola 10th Boss Forum Police Medal Mad Scientist Medal

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Of course you can apply Razz Just show us what you've got! Clean some random RAW pages (at least 3) and post them right here so we can give you some feedback ^^

PS: Read this to get started Applying for cleaner 844600
Back to top Go down
https://mudascantrad.forummotion.com
HeartKreuz
Where am I?

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:43 pm

ok thnx so when do i pass them?
Back to top Go down
HeartKreuz
Where am I?

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:58 pm

where do i get raws?
Back to top Go down
Loki
今晚想跟我上床吗?
今晚想跟我上床吗?
Loki

Joined date : 2010-07-19
Awards :  

Vongola Rain Guardian Please be my translator-slave Forum Police Medal Helping Hand Award This user was the first one that stepped into Muda Scantrad

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:04 pm

Back to top Go down
HeartKreuz
Where am I?

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:11 pm

thnx Smile
Back to top Go down
Kiba
Administrator
Administrator
Kiba

Awards :  

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:37 pm

HeartKreuz wrote:
ok thnx so when do i pass them?

Whenever you have your pages ready, just post 'em ^^ I will check them up once you do it.
Back to top Go down
HeartKreuz
Where am I?

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:54 pm

ok i will be practicing this week end Applying for cleaner 247658
Back to top Go down
Kiba
Administrator
Administrator
Kiba

Awards :  

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:01 pm

Ok ^^ Will be waiting for ya.
Back to top Go down
HeartKreuz
Where am I?

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:52 pm

can you explain to me about the shades? or somehow show me a detailed example of it? Applying for cleaner 189747
Back to top Go down
B-one
Lucky Ducky
Lucky Ducky
B-one

Joined date : 2010-07-24
Awards :  

Vongola Sun Guardian Forum Police Medal Lucky-ducky Medal! I luv da supah ducky Medal

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Can't see your page... so can't tell you what's wrong sorry~ :p
Back to top Go down
HeartKreuz
Where am I?

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 11:21 pm

ill try uploading later
Back to top Go down
HeartKreuz
Where am I?

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 3:53 am

Back to top Go down
Loki
今晚想跟我上床吗?
今晚想跟我上床吗?
Loki

Joined date : 2010-07-19
Awards :  

Vongola Rain Guardian Please be my translator-slave Forum Police Medal Helping Hand Award This user was the first one that stepped into Muda Scantrad

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:55 am

o.O man , this is not how links are given
Back to top Go down
B-one
Lucky Ducky
Lucky Ducky
B-one

Awards :  

Vongola Sun Guardian Forum Police Medal Lucky-ducky Medal! I luv da supah ducky Medal

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:14 am

To put on pictures, you need to add the code [img*] your link [/img*] without the "*"

First of all, I'd like to know, did you use PS and topaz denoise? And if you could please post the raws you used. I'd give us a better idea of what you've had to work with and we'll give you a better critique^^.

I'd say that 1 and 2 are ok. They are overleveled or over burned tho. The shallow lines in the art became somewhat jagged. The usual method of cleaning often implies leveling > denoising > leveling > cleaning. Somewhere during your first and/or second leveling you went too hard. Or you've used the burn tool a bit everywhere with a too high exposure value. Also, I've notice some dust on the blacks a bit every where. If you want to see if black is truly black and white is truly white, invert the pages colour by ctrl-i, if something is grey it means that you missed a spot. You can also use this method to "burn" your white and clear all that dust which you'd need to overlevel your white to get rid of aka grey nuking lol. So don't be afraid to zoom in and find those dusts!

Page 3 on the other hand is quite a mess... sorry^^. Grey are smooth and white and black are ok. But everything is somewhat cartoonish. Something went awfully wrong with your denoising / clean. My only advice is to denoise less and have a higher detail retain value.

All in all good first try! Don't get down by the criticism, you should see my first attempt... or anyone's in the editing business... it sucked ass greatly :p. Try again, I'd recommend something with greys and medium difficulty like Fairy Tail. Can't wait to see your next try ! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Kiba
Administrator
Administrator
Kiba

Awards :  

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:47 am

I totally agree with everything B said. Try other pages (for example, from Naruto; it's quite easy for begginers), pack both the raws and your cleaned pages in a .rar file, then upload that packed file in Megaupload or some other hosting site, and post the link here Razz
Back to top Go down
B-one
Lucky Ducky
Lucky Ducky
B-one

Awards :  

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 11:38 am

uh huh B still got it~ XD

Wink
Back to top Go down
HeartKreuz
Where am I?

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 4:29 pm

ok i will try and fix that one Very Happy

can you send me some raws because i dont know what to choose xD
Back to top Go down
HeartKreuz
Where am I?

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:42 pm

clean:
Applying for cleaner I50tar

raw:
Applying for cleaner B6akna

i sure hope this is better than the first three Very Happy
Back to top Go down
B-one
Lucky Ducky
Lucky Ducky
B-one

Awards :  

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:23 am

It is, don't doubt that, but you have the denoising/clean settings wrong, everything is cartoonish again. Look at the girl's hair, it's all choppy. But yu must know that this raw reallllllly sucked. It's too small, usual raw pages go around 3000 px of height and we reduce them to get an anti-alias effect which you couldn't do here.

Anyhow, I tried to clean that page just to show you a difference with the grey, it isn't great tho:

Applying for cleaner 44356444

Try to clean those pages, easy pages, great quality:

raw:

use the fullsize version!!!

Good luck mate!
Back to top Go down
HeartKreuz
Where am I?

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:59 pm

im having problems on how to choose raws so could you somehow provide some for me? \and thnx for ur comment ill try and fix the settings
Back to top Go down
Kiba
Administrator
Administrator
Kiba

Awards :  

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Here: this is a whole Psyren chapter (HQ RAWs). Have fun testing! Razz

http://www.mediafire.com/?jqz4nyrvlnh

Also, please, next time pack everything in a .rar file or use imageshack; I can't see the pages you posted earlier, they just won't load ">.>

PS: I really recommend you to read the tutos that are showed in my first post.
Back to top Go down
HeartKreuz
Where am I?

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:06 pm

i read them but i just cant get them right >,>. so i tried to search on youtube xD
Back to top Go down
itamaesan
Muda Scantrad's Princess
Muda Scantrad's Princess
itamaesan

Joined date : 2010-08-10
Awards :  

Vongola Mist Guardian Muda Scantrads Royal Family Helping Hand Award

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:07 pm

Hey Heart, have you checked this page out?

How to Clean by Willow-sama

I really like that tutorial, very easy to follow. Smile
Back to top Go down
B-one
Lucky Ducky
Lucky Ducky
B-one

Awards :  

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:16 am

I posted pages for you in my reply... Try those lol... And good idea Ita^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Applying for cleaner _
PostSubject: Re: Applying for cleaner   Applying for cleaner Empty

Back to top Go down

Applying for cleaner

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muda Scantrad :: Scanlation Lobby :: Recruitment-