Muda Scanlation group. Come and have fun with us!
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON!
ATTENTION: In short, we will be moving all our releases to a blog! The rest of the forum will keep running normally.
Now follow us on Twitter!! @MudaScans
If you wanna have some chat with us, come here ^^ : irc://irc.irchighway.net/Muda-Scanlations
If you want to help us with the edition of our series, don't forget to apply here!

Share | 
 

 iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
iLessThan3U
Where am I?
avatar

Posts : 14
Points : 2500
Reputation : 0
Joined date : 2010-11-12
Age : 19
Location : In my room

PostSubject: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Typesetting: http://www.mediafire.com/?qq6dmuua74udman
And for some reason I can't find any of my cleaner work so sorry! =(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark King
Editor
Editor
avatar

Posts : 1982
Points : 11754
Reputation : 87
Joined date : 2010-09-16
Location : Where time Stands still
Awards :  

Mist Hell Ring User Helping Hand Award Cleaning Olympics 2010: Second place. Horny Pony Medal

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:07 pm

hola

How do you do. Welcome to Muda and we are very glad that you decided to put forth an aplication.

Itamaesan should be around shortly to take a look at your App luck

_________________

Signature made by Propaghandi. Propaghandi Sigs are © Muda Scantrad.

Click it... Bitch
[left]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iLessThan3U
Where am I?
avatar

Posts : 14
Points : 2500
Reputation : 0
Joined date : 2010-11-12
Age : 19
Location : In my room

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:10 pm

Doing well. How bout u? And thanks for the warm welcome and luck wishes xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qasz
Editor
Editor


Posts : 463
Points : 9906
Reputation : 166
Joined date : 2010-10-04
Awards :  

Cleaning Olympics 2010: First place.

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Normally Kiba gives out the cleaning test, but I think this should be okay. Just clean 4 pages from this raw and post them.
http://www.mediafire.com/?o4jh5wdbackphfa

If you want to try typesetting them too, here is the script (by Transfade):
Spoiler:
 

Kiba will check your cleans when he can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiba
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 2185
Points : 11731
Reputation : 327
Joined date : 2010-07-17
Location : Dunno... I'm lost :(
Awards :  

Vongola 10th Boss Forum Police Medal Mad Scientist Medal

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi less, thanks for your application ^^

And thank you also Qasz for taking care of handing out his test. Despite the fact that I usually do that, my current internet situation doesn't allow me to do so. In fact, if I don't get it repaired soon, someone else will have to check up his work.

Anyway, leaving my internet problems aside, let me welcome you to Muda! Hope to see you around soon! Very Happy

Good luck!

_________________
DK STUFF! CLICK! CLICK!:
 



This awesome sign was made by Prop. Prop® Inc. & Propaghandi™ are all property of Muda Scantrad

My sig :
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mudascantrad.forummotion.com
Gradonil_Ral
Newbie


Posts : 5
Points : 2445
Reputation : 0
Joined date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:31 pm

iLessThan3U wrote:
Typesetting: http://www.mediafire.com/?qq6dmuua74udman
And for some reason I can't find any of my cleaner work so sorry! =(
Hey dude, one question - why are you using our TS test here?
Especially since you haven't applied on our forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iLessThan3U
Where am I?
avatar

Posts : 14
Points : 2500
Reputation : 0
Joined date : 2010-11-12
Age : 19
Location : In my room

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Gradonil_Ral wrote:
iLessThan3U wrote:
Typesetting: http://www.mediafire.com/?qq6dmuua74udman
And for some reason I can't find any of my cleaner work so sorry! =(
Hey dude, one question - why are you using our TS test here?
Especially since you haven't applied on our forum.

What do you mean I haven't applied on your forum? How would I be able to post threads if I wasn't applied on here o.o


And for the typesetting/cleaning test, due to my current internet situation i can't submit my work until around next monday-wednesday sorry Dx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki
今晚想跟我上床吗?
今晚想跟我上床吗?
avatar

Posts : 3080
Points : 9460
Reputation : 161
Joined date : 2010-07-19
Age : 26
Location : по света и у нас
Awards :  

Vongola Rain Guardian Please be my translator-slave Forum Police Medal Helping Hand Award This user was the first one that stepped into Muda Scantrad

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:45 pm

he meant that this is the test from helz0ne and you havent applied there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iLessThan3U
Where am I?
avatar

Posts : 14
Points : 2500
Reputation : 0
Joined date : 2010-11-12
Age : 19
Location : In my room

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:07 pm

Actually, i was going to apply for helz0ne, but some stuff came up and I could never finish the test so I just sorta left it on my drive just in case I still wanted to join a scanlation group
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gradonil_Ral
Newbie


Posts : 5
Points : 2445
Reputation : 0
Joined date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:35 pm

If you can't finish a single test, how will you be able to meet the deadlines with the real work?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bajuwa
Translator
Translator
avatar

Posts : 954
Points : 5831
Reputation : 109
Joined date : 2010-11-07
Age : 25
Location : The baj Cave in Muda Forest~
Awards :  

Vongola Storm Guardian

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:44 pm

well im not kiba or anything, but i must say you're not only being harsh, but you're also doing it on another groups forums. if you need to talk it over then do it by your own means, not here. even then, you don't seem to be provided much constructive criticism rather than harsh comments meant to belittle someone when you arent even away of their situation =/
anyways, here at muda were do scanlations because they are our hobbies, we don't treat them like jobs, therefore hitting "deadlines" with "real work" isn't something we enforce here ^^

_________________




Quote :







Quote :







Back to top Go down
View user profile
iLessThan3U
Where am I?
avatar

Posts : 14
Points : 2500
Reputation : 0
Joined date : 2010-11-12
Age : 19
Location : In my room

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:47 pm

Because for helz0ne, they provided a link for the test in a thread so I never even had to make a thread saying I was going to apply anyway. Plus I got all of those pages done in a few mins-hours. But some things came up, and I changed my mind about wanting to join helz0ne.

In fact I'm already done with the test for cleaning and typesetting, but my internet is being a butt right now and won't let me upload any pages so unfortunately i'll have to wait a few more days until i can get back to my normal internet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iLessThan3U
Where am I?
avatar

Posts : 14
Points : 2500
Reputation : 0
Joined date : 2010-11-12
Age : 19
Location : In my room

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:49 pm

and thanks bajuwa xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bajuwa
Translator
Translator
avatar

Posts : 954
Points : 5831
Reputation : 109
Joined date : 2010-11-07
Age : 25
Location : The baj Cave in Muda Forest~
Awards :  

Vongola Storm Guardian

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:53 pm

no problem, always here to help ^^
tho if either of you wish to continue this conversation, i would recommend doing so through email, i don't think continuing here would be a very good idea as this thread is about your application, and is meant for people to give critiques, suggestions, and things of the like ^^

_________________




Quote :







Quote :







Back to top Go down
View user profile
Helios666
Where am I?
avatar

Posts : 41
Points : 2734
Reputation : 10
Joined date : 2010-11-09
Age : 29
Location : huh? what? where?

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:22 am

yeah senior bajuwa's right. fighting wont solve anything join in if you like but if you intend on fighting please don't do it in others application. haha. just saying. by the way welcome to muda scanlations dude.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bajuwa
Translator
Translator
avatar

Posts : 954
Points : 5831
Reputation : 109
Joined date : 2010-11-07
Age : 25
Location : The baj Cave in Muda Forest~
Awards :  

Vongola Storm Guardian

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:39 am

anyways, ya, back to proper introductions XD
im a lowly translator, bajuwa, tho most call me baj ^^
i know nothing about cleaning/ts/etc.. so you'll have to follow the other staffs pointers when it comes to your area of scanlation x)
and gl with all tests and whatnot =D

anyways, i live in China as an exchange, so if you live close then hope to chat with you on the boards or chatbox soon ^^
(seems to a problem for others since the big timezone difference >.<)

_________________




Quote :







Quote :







Back to top Go down
View user profile
Helios666
Where am I?
avatar

Posts : 41
Points : 2734
Reputation : 10
Joined date : 2010-11-09
Age : 29
Location : huh? what? where?

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:59 am

hahaha. Names Helios tho nobody seems to no I exist. hahaha. peace! Im from the Philippines. I'm applying for the position of a proof reader. But doesn't have the self esteem of confidence to join because I'm a newbie of this computer thing. I just got into it 'cause friends are always tellin' stories of psyren. So I got addicted to searching manga.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bajuwa
Translator
Translator
avatar

Posts : 954
Points : 5831
Reputation : 109
Joined date : 2010-11-07
Age : 25
Location : The baj Cave in Muda Forest~
Awards :  

Vongola Storm Guardian

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:54 am

haha well dont bail just cause you're afraid of the comp thing =P
everyone here is totally willing to help you out, with pretty much anything you need x)
as for proofreader you shouldn't have too much to worry about with the comp stuff, maybe some uploading depending who're you're working with, but we'll be able to help you out with that if you need it =P

_________________




Quote :







Quote :







Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gradonil_Ral
Newbie


Posts : 5
Points : 2445
Reputation : 0
Joined date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:12 am

bajuwa wrote:
well im not kiba or anything, but i must say you're not only being harsh, but you're also doing it on another groups forums. if you need to talk it over then do it by your own means, not here. even then, you don't seem to be provided much constructive criticism rather than harsh comments meant to belittle someone when you arent even away of their situation =/
anyways, here at muda were do scanlations because they are our hobbies, we don't treat them like jobs, therefore hitting "deadlines" with "real work" isn't something we enforce here ^^
Well... it might have sounded more harsh than I wanted it to - it was a simple question, nothing more.
And I have no business with other team's applications (unless when I'm bored and wanna help out), but Loki asked me if we had some recent TS applicants at helz0ne, since someone came here with our test. So I came here to see if it's true.
I just had to ask him, since it was really amusing that he's using our test on another forum, when he didn't try applying at ours.
It's one thing to try and pass/fail and then try at another forum as well, but using our test somewhere else without trying at our forum just seems weird.
Especially with this lovely "Don't steal!!" on Veritas c71p01 Razz

Anyways, let me comment on the actual pages:

Gama c58p07 - With 3 different kind of bubbles, I'd use different fonts for each of the kind.
Gama c58p21 - again different/more fonts, especially with the insert text (on the bottom of the page and on the left). Also the text on the left is too big - you divided it too much + it shouldn't touch the edge of the page.
Thoushin c00p04 - "hm?", "huh?" and "umm.. championship?" aren't properly centered. You should warp the flag text a bit more + preferably a different font (e.g. Badaboom). "This guy's a finalist?" should be a bit smaller, you should also change the angle - it should be more like... "around" Nakuto's arm. Then again, for some reason I don't see the raw layer in the file, so you couldn't know where it originally was.
Thoushin c00p12 - "Come to think of it, how are things on your end?" - down to the left, "Your
enchantment magic training." - up, "Yes.. Father has said that it would be fine for me to
enchant your sword." - to the left, "Um.. I see. Well then..." - to the left and slightly down, "That promise.. keeping it is an absolute must! Make sure... You make sure that you come back home!" - different font (e.g. akbar or augie), "That's because it's a must!" - up.
Veritas c71p01 - "Four Months Later" - different font and color (you have raw here to compare to), "Even Hyodor would cry at the sight of the world's most lethal weapon!" - different color again.
Veritas c72p35 - Again, not all bubbles are properly centered. Also the box around "Gangryong" and the circle around "Paul" seem too artificial. I know things like that aren't usually part of the TSer's job, but there's many quick ways to make better version of them.
Witchcraft c05p08 - Again, not properly centered. The font sizes could be a bit smaller, and you made too wide box for "It's dangerous, so stay seated, Staff sgt." (it's not split properly).

Personally I'm not a fan of using TS boxes, because if QC changes the font size to a bigger one, it's most likely that part of the text will disappear. I usually ask my TSers to manually split the lines.

Hope that helps~

~~
Oh, one more thing - I get that scanlating is a hobby, since it's the same thing to me, but I don't think you can let someone claim a chapter ("Ok, I'll TS/take it") and give him no deadline whatsoever. Real life always comes first, right? Without any deadlines people might say they'll TS the chapter and then just disappear - will you wait? For how long? 2 weeks? 3? 4? And then what? You gonna look for someone else to TS it instead? And what if the person that was supposed to TS it in the first place suddenly reappears posting the chapter, when someone else it already working on it?
It might be just a hobby, but without deadlines you'd have a chaos, and that would just result in wasting other people's free time.


Last edited by Gradonil_Ral on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
B-one
Lucky Ducky
Lucky Ducky
avatar

Posts : 547
Points : 5205
Reputation : 110
Joined date : 2010-07-24
Location : canada
Awards :  

Vongola Sun Guardian Forum Police Medal Lucky-ducky Medal! I luv da supah ducky Medal

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:17 am

Hey thar Less! Welcome the the house of muda~ B-One here... everyone calls me B!

...what that guy says^^. He's right on all account with your pages... Anyhow, can't wait to see your cleans.

And please put some imageshack links for future pages... easier for all of us ^^

_________________
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki
今晚想跟我上床吗?
今晚想跟我上床吗?
avatar

Posts : 3080
Points : 9460
Reputation : 161
Joined date : 2010-07-19
Age : 26
Location : по света и у нас
Awards :  

Vongola Rain Guardian Please be my translator-slave Forum Police Medal Helping Hand Award This user was the first one that stepped into Muda Scantrad

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:38 am

ral , please dont judge zambo that harshly , he is sick after all or something like that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bajuwa
Translator
Translator
avatar

Posts : 954
Points : 5831
Reputation : 109
Joined date : 2010-11-07
Age : 25
Location : The baj Cave in Muda Forest~
Awards :  

Vongola Storm Guardian

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:08 am

ah sorry about that then xP
and i totally understand your point about disappearances, i guess it requires a happy medium of responsibility and freedom, so on so forth =P

_________________




Quote :







Quote :







Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gradonil_Ral
Newbie


Posts : 5
Points : 2445
Reputation : 0
Joined date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:15 am

Loki wrote:
ral , please dont judge zambo that harshly , he is sick after all or something like that
Why would you bring zambo? Because if the joint we have over a monthly series with Keishou? I didn't mean him and I know he is sick, or at least that he was before he disappeared.
I meant my own team, Loki.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki
今晚想跟我上床吗?
今晚想跟我上床吗?
avatar

Posts : 3080
Points : 9460
Reputation : 161
Joined date : 2010-07-19
Age : 26
Location : по света и у нас
Awards :  

Vongola Rain Guardian Please be my translator-slave Forum Police Medal Helping Hand Award This user was the first one that stepped into Muda Scantrad

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:20 am

well because you said such a long period of time i thought you meant him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iLessThan3U
Where am I?
avatar

Posts : 14
Points : 2500
Reputation : 0
Joined date : 2010-11-12
Age : 19
Location : In my room

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:37 pm

All right well thanks Helios! btw pinoy kba?

And well, I don't know any rules about using another group's test on a different group so if there is, sorry! D:

And well, I did these tests a few months ago so I hope that i got a littlke bit better with cleaning/typesetting xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   

Back to top Go down
 

iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muda Scantrad :: Scanlation Lobby :: Recruitment-