Muda Scantrad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muda Scanlation group. Come and have fun with us!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON!
ATTENTION: In short, we will be moving all our releases to a blog! The rest of the forum will keep running normally.
Now follow us on Twitter!! @MudaScans
If you wanna have some chat with us, come here ^^ : irc://irc.irchighway.net/Muda-Scanlations
If you want to help us with the edition of our series, don't forget to apply here!

Share | 

iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
B-one
Lucky Ducky
Lucky Ducky
B-one

Joined date : 2010-07-24
Awards :  

Vongola Sun Guardian Forum Police Medal Lucky-ducky Medal! I luv da supah ducky Medal

iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 3:55 pm

hum yeah deadlines works with undedicated staff... we're so much fun that we come here and chat at least once a day... but yeah I get your point. We also do those "we'd like this to be released by wednesday, so try hard" stuff
Back to top Go down
Helios666
Where am I?
Helios666

Joined date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:29 pm

Yeah, I'm Pinoy. Are you a Pinoy? hahaha! And are you reall 13? or what?
Back to top Go down
itamaesan
Muda Scantrad's Princess
Muda Scantrad's Princess
itamaesan

Joined date : 2010-08-10
Awards :  

Vongola Mist Guardian Muda Scantrads Royal Family Helping Hand Award

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 11:02 pm

Ahahaha...ha... wow, what happens when I miss a day. ^^;;

First, let me say thank you for your interest. Welcome to Muda Scanlations - we're a crazy crew of strange people from all around the world who just happen to gather and scanlate manga.

Bajuwa is correct in saying that this is a hobby, not a job. It's a policy we go by here at Muda so no one feels pressured into doing something they don't want, whether it's working on a project or not.

I have to say thank you to Grad for his well done review on the test. It was very detailed and easy to understand and he gives very good advice. He does have a point though about using someone else's test on another forum - I would first ask the other group if it's ok to use it before posting, as that would be the polite thing to do. I realize we don't have a set test for any positions here; it's something I will work on with one of our admins as soon as possible. Muda is growing at a pretty quick rate lately and I don't think any of us have been prepared for it, haha. My apologies to everyone.

As for the actual application - it was a good try, but as you said this was done months ago, I would much rather you try something now and post your results here, if at all possible. B-one was correct when he said it's much easier to just upload your images on a image sharing site, such at imageshack, and posting the links. That way we can view your results immediately and give feedback rather than having to download something and open a program to view them. If you're still interested in learning to clean/typeset, I'll make sure that myself or someone else gives you a test asap, Less.

Whew. Hope that was easy to understand. @_@
Back to top Go down
B-one
Lucky Ducky
Lucky Ducky
B-one

Joined date : 2010-07-24
Awards :  

Vongola Sun Guardian Forum Police Medal Lucky-ducky Medal! I luv da supah ducky Medal

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 6:58 am

Don't worry, you're awesome Meg^^. You should be admin... XD
Back to top Go down
Dark King
Editor
Editor
Dark King

Joined date : 2010-09-16
Awards :  

Mist Hell Ring User Helping Hand Award Cleaning Olympics 2010: Second place. Horny Pony Medal

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:11 am

The avatar above me is a major suck up
Back to top Go down
bajuwa
Translator
Translator
bajuwa

Joined date : 2010-11-07
Awards :  

Vongola Storm Guardian

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:14 am

the avatar above me is on the wrong board =o
Back to top Go down
Helios666
Where am I?
Helios666

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:16 am

hahaha! why is that so dark?
Back to top Go down
Helios666
Where am I?
Helios666

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:21 am

hahaha... woah... hmmmm.... I should just keep quiet... hehe... dont want to butt in...
Back to top Go down
Helios666
Where am I?
Helios666

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:36 am

Hey guys can I ask you something? Is my picture intimidating?
Back to top Go down
bajuwa
Translator
Translator
bajuwa

Joined date : 2010-11-07
Awards :  

Vongola Storm Guardian

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 7:49 am

lol, one board is usually enough xD
Back to top Go down
Helios666
Where am I?
Helios666

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:05 am

hehehe. sorry.. i kinda didn't notice it.... sorry
Back to top Go down
iLessThan3U
Where am I?
iLessThan3U

Joined date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:44 am

@Helios ye im pinoy. and yup im 13
i just hope that no1 treats me like some delinquent tho just cuz of my age. im actually pretty mature for my age xD
yet pretty godam perverted/playful :3
Back to top Go down
Robler
Redrawer
Redrawer
Robler

Joined date : 2010-09-19
Awards :  

Millefiore Boss

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:54 am

I was superscared that people would treat me bad because of my age (15) but if you behave then everything will be fine ^^ If you don't behave Kiba will punish you with his moderator-powers, and make you pink (like he did with DK, look at bajiwa's sig ^^).
Back to top Go down
iLessThan3U
Where am I?
iLessThan3U

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:55 am

o.o
I WANNA BE PINK Very Happy (not gay) o.o
Back to top Go down
Robler
Redrawer
Redrawer
Robler

Awards :  

Millefiore Boss

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:57 am

Just realized something, I don't think it was Kiba who made DK pink, I think he did it himself O.o
Back to top Go down
iLessThan3U
Where am I?
iLessThan3U

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:58 am

whoa.... O.o
Back to top Go down
Robler
Redrawer
Redrawer
Robler

Awards :  

Millefiore Boss

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:04 am

...I just saw a whole new side of dk.. Can't belive I've missed it... DAMN THESE TIMEZONES >.<
Back to top Go down
iLessThan3U
Where am I?
iLessThan3U

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:05 am

LOL
what TZ do you 2 live in?
Back to top Go down
Robler
Redrawer
Redrawer
Robler

Awards :  

Millefiore Boss

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:08 am

I live in sweden, which is GMT +1, and DK live in new jersey which is -5 or -6... so it's about 6 hours difference...
Back to top Go down
iLessThan3U
Where am I?
iLessThan3U

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:15 am

wow... and i think we have a 9 hour difference =P
i live in cali GMT -8 haha
Back to top Go down
iLessThan3U
Where am I?
iLessThan3U

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:15 am

Back to top Go down
Gradonil_Ral

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:06 am

Upload it to http://www.imagehost.org/ because Photobucket resizes the pictures higher than 1000px.

The cleans looks rather bad - pages are not properly leveled and denoised - there's lot's of noise left and, sometimes the page is too blurry, and the redraws aren't finished.

As to the typeset...
Page 1 - "Ageha has finally reached Miroku" - use a different font (preferably badaboom).
Page 2 - the text in the first bubble could be a bit higher, and the text in the last one should be a bit lower and probably a bit to the right.
Page 3 - "Beneath the great(...)" - you could change he angle of the text, maybe a bit bigger. "the novel has sold out. (...)" - you've added a gradient, I don't think it blends with the picture well. you could also change the font. Amamiya's thoughts - thoughts are usually written in italic.
Page 4 - 3rd bubble maybe a bit to the right, 4th a bit to the left, 5th bubble is split incorectly - the 2nd "I" should be in the next line. "I have finally" - to the right, the last one - a bit down.
Back to top Go down
iLessThan3U
Where am I?
iLessThan3U

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:12 am

Thanks

Well I'm still getting used to cleaning so my denoising skills aren't all that good...

For the 3rd page I didn't add a gradient anywhere o.o

So I just have to fix my text placing skills a little xD
Back to top Go down
Kiba
Administrator
Administrator
Kiba

Joined date : 2010-07-17
Awards :  

Vongola 10th Boss Forum Police Medal Mad Scientist Medal

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:14 am

Robler wrote:
Just realized something, I don't think it was Kiba who made DK pink, I think he did it himself O.o

It was my doing >:3

Such a funny day~ (for me) ^^
Back to top Go down
https://mudascantrad.forummotion.com
Robler
Redrawer
Redrawer
Robler

Awards :  

Millefiore Boss

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:19 am

Haha, good. I was worried that DK was loosing it O.o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter   iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

iLessThan3U's Application for Cleaner/Typesetter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muda Scantrad :: Scanlation Lobby :: Recruitment-