Muda Scantrad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muda Scanlation group. Come and have fun with us!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON!
ATTENTION: In short, we will be moving all our releases to a blog! The rest of the forum will keep running normally.
Now follow us on Twitter!! @MudaScans
If you wanna have some chat with us, come here ^^ : irc://irc.irchighway.net/Muda-Scanlations
If you want to help us with the edition of our series, don't forget to apply here!

Share | 

Application for Editor/Proofreader

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
u9q5

Joined date : 2010-11-17

Application for Editor/Proofreader _
PostSubject: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi, I really enjoy Muda's work in Psyren and I would like to help proofread for the group. However, I admit that I do not have any experience in scanlations. (Hey, everyone starts as a newbie, right?)

I'm really not sure what else to put on this application but I look forward to getting some response from the admins. I'll be happy to undergo any kinds of tests you guys have in mind.

-u9q5
Back to top Go down
Loki
今晚想跟我上床吗?
今晚想跟我上床吗?
Loki

Joined date : 2010-07-19
Awards :  

Vongola Rain Guardian Please be my translator-slave Forum Police Medal Helping Hand Award This user was the first one that stepped into Muda Scantrad

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:23 pm

whats with the proofreading spike this time , why no1 learns japanese and try translating
Back to top Go down
Millos Assailant
Translator
Translator
Millos Assailant

Joined date : 2010-11-08
Awards :  

Helping Hand Award

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:28 pm

I'm learning, but I'm still not at that level yet. Can only do basic conversations... :/
Back to top Go down
bajuwa
Translator
Translator
bajuwa

Joined date : 2010-11-07
Awards :  

Vongola Storm Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:44 pm

lol, same here
i think i'll actually start studying japanese again in about another month or so (once my chinese proficiency test is over and done with)
im actually curious to see how my chinese will influence or help my japanese xD
and of course it takes a lot longer to learn languages, and a lot more dedication =/

but of course don't worry about it, having more proofers and cleaners to train in the meantime is fine x)
usually when people apply for translator positions, not much training is required anyways... no?
Back to top Go down
General
Don't stare at me!
General

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:27 am

Is loki always like that? ",) just asking. (peace!)
Back to top Go down
HeiDenReX
Cleaner
Cleaner
HeiDenReX

Joined date : 2010-10-25
Awards :  

Vongola Lightning Guardian Cleaning Olympics 2010: Third place.

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:30 am

that's just the way he talks but he's not harassing you guys or anythin,

he's kind actually.! yeah and i know what i'm saying. :DD

Last edited by heidenrex on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Robler
Redrawer
Redrawer
Robler

Joined date : 2010-09-19
Awards :  

Millefiore Boss

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:32 am

loki, I will use my turkey-panda-zombie powers and add a little bit of rainbow to loose you up <3, you're scaring the appliers away -.-"
Back to top Go down
HeiDenReX
Cleaner
Cleaner
HeiDenReX

Joined date : 2010-10-25
Awards :  

Vongola Lightning Guardian Cleaning Olympics 2010: Third place.

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:34 am

tahaha, loki is just being straight-forward! xDDD
Back to top Go down
General
Don't stare at me!
General

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:41 am

haha. that's good. I thought he might be pissed because there are a lot of appliers for proof reading
Back to top Go down
B-one
Lucky Ducky
Lucky Ducky
B-one

Joined date : 2010-07-24
Awards :  

Vongola Sun Guardian Forum Police Medal Lucky-ducky Medal! I luv da supah ducky Medal

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:06 am

Well, we don't need that many proofreader saddly... we don't have enough translation for everyone that is applying to proof at the moment. But if you are willing to typeset and/or clean. That'd be great!
Back to top Go down
General
Don't stare at me!
General

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:35 am

what would a typesetter do?

I understand you situation guys. With or less translators there would be no or little translations for the proof readers to check, right? It's just like going out on a battle field with only a hand gun and only gets ammunition when 3 weeks passed by, something like that.. maybe..
Back to top Go down
bajuwa
Translator
Translator
bajuwa

Joined date : 2010-11-07
Awards :  

Vongola Storm Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:45 am

lol, more like one gun and 5 people =P

and basically, typesetters copy and paste the scripts onto the cleaned pages.
things get speciallized with what fonts you need to use, how to properly place the text, etc...
Back to top Go down
General
Don't stare at me!
General

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:53 am

oh.. haha.. so that's what typesetters do. seems like it's interesting...

and yeah 1 hand gun and 50 people might be it. hehe. because translating isn't that as easy as i formerly thought
Back to top Go down
Fudoshin
I want a Llama!

Joined date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:17 pm

@Loki: Yeah, translators are needed. Sure I'll learn Japanese, and become a translator. Let me get started this Sunday. I'll be back around 2014. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark King
Editor
Editor
Dark King

Joined date : 2010-09-16
Awards :  

Mist Hell Ring User Helping Hand Award Cleaning Olympics 2010: Second place. Horny Pony Medal

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:42 pm

@fudo LMAO see you then ill be like 24 going on 25 XDDD
Back to top Go down
B-one
Lucky Ducky
Lucky Ducky
B-one

Joined date : 2010-07-24
Awards :  

Vongola Sun Guardian Forum Police Medal Lucky-ducky Medal! I luv da supah ducky Medal

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 3:22 pm

hmm the right analogy would be 50 people with guns waiting after a sole handmade bullet maker...

but you get the point. ^^
Back to top Go down
General
Don't stare at me!
General

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:23 pm

haha.. that's the more precise version. you really are smart, commander. ",)
Back to top Go down
itamaesan
Muda Scantrad's Princess
Muda Scantrad's Princess
itamaesan

Joined date : 2010-08-10
Awards :  

Vongola Mist Guardian Muda Scantrads Royal Family Helping Hand Award

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:25 am

Wow, all these replies and nothing from the creator of the thread. Let's let the author have a word in edgewise, shall we? ^^;;

u9q5, if you're still interested in applying for proofreader, either Millos or myself will give you a test to analyze your skill and then get back to you. Just let one of us know. (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application for Editor/Proofreader   Application for Editor/Proofreader Empty

Back to top Go down

Application for Editor/Proofreader

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muda Scantrad :: Scanlation Lobby :: Recruitment-