Muda Scantrad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muda Scanlation group. Come and have fun with us!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON!
ATTENTION: In short, we will be moving all our releases to a blog! The rest of the forum will keep running normally.
Now follow us on Twitter!! @MudaScans
If you wanna have some chat with us, come here ^^ : irc://irc.irchighway.net/Muda-Scanlations
If you want to help us with the edition of our series, don't forget to apply here!

Share | 

Applying for typesetter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shellingxford
shellingxford

Joined date : 2010-12-20

Applying for typesetter _
PostSubject: Applying for typesetter   Applying for typesetter EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:43 am

I am applying for typesetter.(i have zero experience)
Back to top Go down
Loki
今晚想跟我上床吗?
今晚想跟我上床吗?
Loki

Joined date : 2010-07-19
Awards :  

Vongola Rain Guardian Please be my translator-slave Forum Police Medal Helping Hand Award This user was the first one that stepped into Muda Scantrad

PostSubject: Re: Applying for typesetter   Applying for typesetter EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:46 am

1st step filipino boy , download photoshop and play around with the text function + try different fonts and download this font pack http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XXWFWFII

and put all the fonts in the windows folder for fonts

when you are ready come here for a test
Back to top Go down
shellingxford
shellingxford

PostSubject: Re: Applying for typesetter   Applying for typesetter EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:17 am

So i finished installing photoshop and i placed all the fonts in the windows folder. What should i do now?(oh and im not filipino, im russian)
Back to top Go down
Robler
Redrawer
Redrawer
Robler

Joined date : 2010-09-19
Awards :  

Millefiore Boss

PostSubject: Re: Applying for typesetter   Applying for typesetter EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:54 am

ooh russia! then you probably know real cold wich most guys here don't xD they complain about -5C...

anyhow, back to typesetting. I'm not really and typesetter but i hope that i can help you anyhow. you use the type tool (the one with a T ^^) to typesett. check out the tutorial here:
http://unblessed.net/guide/main.html
and click typesetting.

good luck!
Back to top Go down
bajuwa
Translator
Translator
bajuwa

Joined date : 2010-11-07
Awards :  

Vongola Storm Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Applying for typesetter   Applying for typesetter EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:02 am

Robler wrote:
ooh russia! then you probably know real cold wich most guys here don't xD they complain about -5C...

lol, that was probably just me XD
im a pansy to cold ^^;
anyways, once you think you've got the hang of typesetting (gotta give it a few tries first) then come back here for a test ^^~
Back to top Go down
shellingxford
shellingxford

PostSubject: Re: Applying for typesetter   Applying for typesetter EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:16 am

I think im ready for the test. So what should i do?
Back to top Go down
Loki
今晚想跟我上床吗?
今晚想跟我上床吗?
Loki

Joined date : 2010-07-19
Awards :  

Vongola Rain Guardian Please be my translator-slave Forum Police Medal Helping Hand Award This user was the first one that stepped into Muda Scantrad

PostSubject: Re: Applying for typesetter   Applying for typesetter EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:55 am

so here is the pack of pages , its not a full chapter though - http://www.sendspace.com/file/81vhun

its for testing your basic redraw skills and plain typesetting with using different fonts and stuff

basic font is Wild Words , all thoughts are in gray color we use #5d5d5d

for page 1 you have to use atleast 4 different fonts (its up to you to decide which ones goes where) and do a little redraw in 3rd panel
page 2 only 1 font is needed but there are redraws needed
page 3-13 are pretty standard page with lots of typesetting to do on places , and some redraws again , that you should learn how to do on your own , cuz it mostly depends on you , since i wont be there to move your mouse left and right
ofcourse i dont expect perfect work , but a job well done atleast , not crap over the pages

translation 1-2
Spoiler:
translation for 3-13
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
mourishin
Cleaner
Cleaner
mourishin

Joined date : 2010-11-24
Awards :  

Lightning Mare Ring

PostSubject: Re: Applying for typesetter   Applying for typesetter EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:29 pm

OMG shelling i <3 ur icon~ can't wait to see ur typsetting =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applying for typesetter   Applying for typesetter Empty

Back to top Go down

Applying for typesetter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muda Scantrad :: Scanlation Lobby :: Recruitment-