Muda Scantrad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muda Scanlation group. Come and have fun with us!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON!
ATTENTION: In short, we will be moving all our releases to a blog! The rest of the forum will keep running normally.
Now follow us on Twitter!! @MudaScans
If you wanna have some chat with us, come here ^^ : irc://irc.irchighway.net/Muda-Scanlations
If you want to help us with the edition of our series, don't forget to apply here!

Share | 

i'd like to apply!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
neko
Where am I?

Joined date : 2011-01-07

i'd like to apply!!!!! _
PostSubject: i'd like to apply!!!!!   i'd like to apply!!!!! EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:20 am

Hello! I would like to apply to be a cleaner....

I'm Neko and I would like to join ms and be a cleaner! I haven't cleaned before but I scored over 100% on the dark king perv test!
I believe this means I have potential...I wouldn't mind learning tsetting either and i'd proofread if needed...... I've already downloaded cs3, tclean, and tdenoise so i'm ready to go!!!!!

I can speak, and read spanish really well and can write it pretty well....if that helps

Also I freaking love manga!!!!! I would like to contribute to what i love....Very Happy

I'm a dork and can be sorta slow so please take good care of me!!!! (and select me for this position!)
Back to top Go down
Dark King
Editor
Editor
Dark King

Joined date : 2010-09-16
Awards :  

Mist Hell Ring User Helping Hand Award Cleaning Olympics 2010: Second place. Horny Pony Medal

i'd like to apply!!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: i'd like to apply!!!!!   i'd like to apply!!!!! EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:46 am

And we would love to help you con tribute. Im Dk lol. Ill be looking over the cleaning portion of your test. Im glad you are also interested in type setting. I sugest that you read these tutorials to familiarize your self with the steps needed to become a cleaner

cropping and rotating tutorial

Tutorial from Muda you should refer to this as you main tut most relevant to what we do

These are the raws that you you will clean from for the cleaning portion of your test.
Extract them from winrar to a folder on your desktop and open them in Photoshop and follow those tutorials i posted.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uwwtiakw9xkeyxb

Loki or itameasan will help you with your typesetting sometime later. but for now we will work on your cleaning. as it is the harder to learn of the two. ^_^

Also post your results here. Just upload them to image shack and post a link or the image so i may give you adequate feedback. on your way to becoming an awesome cleaner/typesetter
Back to top Go down
neko
Where am I?

i'd like to apply!!!!! _
PostSubject: ok   i'd like to apply!!!!! EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Kiba
Administrator
Administrator
Kiba

Joined date : 2010-07-17
Awards :  

Vongola 10th Boss Forum Police Medal Mad Scientist Medal

i'd like to apply!!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: i'd like to apply!!!!!   i'd like to apply!!!!! EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:57 pm

Hi there neko, I will be reviewing your app ^^

Well then, your pages weren't cropped properly (and, particulary speaking about the Psyren page, it wasn't rotated); and they are all underleveled (black's wise - I mean, you leveled your whites correctly, but you could have also leveled up your blacks way more Razz). Also, you didn't resize your pages, which is mucho important (remember to ALWAYS resize your pages to 1300 px. high). And finally, you also forgot to burn up your blacks (see how they are all dusty, we don't want that).

Don't let this discourage you, though Razz Just re-do the pages taking into account what I have just said. This app was in fact pretty good for a first try (I mean, when I first got into cleaning, mine was way worse xD).

Good luck! :3

PS: Remember to download Topaz Clean from our "All the tools you need to become a Muda Editor" thread. You will be needing it in short!
Back to top Go down
https://mudascantrad.forummotion.com
neko
Where am I?

i'd like to apply!!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: i'd like to apply!!!!!   i'd like to apply!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:46 am

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/psyrench13604copy.png/

WHAT DID I DO WRONG? WHY DOES IT LOOK LIKE THIS?
Back to top Go down
mourishin
Cleaner
Cleaner
mourishin

Joined date : 2010-11-24
Awards :  

Lightning Mare Ring

i'd like to apply!!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: i'd like to apply!!!!!   i'd like to apply!!!!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 6:09 am

can you post your denoise settings?

i won't make anyone mad by commenting ^.~
but i can say you horizontally flipped your page for some reason.. o.o
Back to top Go down
neko
Where am I?

i'd like to apply!!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: i'd like to apply!!!!!   i'd like to apply!!!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 4:14 am

here is my latest attempt.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/g/psyrench13604.png/

MOU, i was told to flip my pages, was this wrong?
Back to top Go down
mourishin
Cleaner
Cleaner
mourishin

Joined date : 2010-11-24
Awards :  

Lightning Mare Ring

i'd like to apply!!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: i'd like to apply!!!!!   i'd like to apply!!!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:55 am

told.. to flip? i'd like to apply!!!!! 189747 i'm not the authority here so i'll leave it.. ^^;

as for your new pages, you're posting them in chunks, right? (the link goes to 3 pages) i never thought to do that o.o very clever XD

maybe kiba or someone will comment on the high t-clean values and he sharpness..? don't take my advice on anything XD i'm a beginner too ^^

yay one piece!!!!!!! <3 i mean.. good luck! XD
Back to top Go down
HeiDenReX
Cleaner
Cleaner
HeiDenReX

Joined date : 2010-10-25
Awards :  

Vongola Lightning Guardian Cleaning Olympics 2010: Third place.

i'd like to apply!!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: i'd like to apply!!!!!   i'd like to apply!!!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:18 am

ok everything is good, except the fact that you use the "cartooned" settings of tclean.

next time use the "Degrunge" settings instead then tweak the values a bit if what you thought would look good. just keep an eye on the grays, don't smoothed it out and preserve the pattern instead.

P.S. don't use the "cartoon" settings again cause it's ruining the lineart and the grays are being smoothed out. good luck on your redo~ \0/
Back to top Go down
Qasz
Editor
Editor

Joined date : 2010-10-04
Awards :  

Cleaning Olympics 2010: First place.

i'd like to apply!!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: i'd like to apply!!!!!   i'd like to apply!!!!! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:25 am

Don't flip your pages. Ever. I don't know who told you that but they don't know what they're talking about.

You didn't crop properly on the Psyren and HnS pages. Notice the black bars at the top and bottom of the pages? Those need to get cropped off. The OP page looks fine.

Leveling and burning seem good. You missed a few bits of dust in the blacks, but it's not the end of the world.

Your T.Clean settings are way too high though. You smoothed out the pattern. We don't do that here. Try again. We use T.Clean to make our pattern more uniform (getting rid of dust and color differences) but we still try and preserve the pattern.

I would say try again and really focus on getting correct T.Clean values.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

i'd like to apply!!!!! _
PostSubject: Re: i'd like to apply!!!!!   i'd like to apply!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

i'd like to apply!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muda Scantrad :: Scanlation Lobby :: Recruitment-