Muda Scantrad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muda Scanlation group. Come and have fun with us!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON!
ATTENTION: In short, we will be moving all our releases to a blog! The rest of the forum will keep running normally.
Now follow us on Twitter!! @MudaScans
If you wanna have some chat with us, come here ^^ : irc://irc.irchighway.net/Muda-Scanlations
If you want to help us with the edition of our series, don't forget to apply here!

Share | 

Applying for Typesetter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LoneWolf
I want a Llama!
LoneWolf

Joined date : 2010-10-19
Awards :  

Storm Mare Ring

Applying for Typesetter   _
PostSubject: Applying for Typesetter    Applying for Typesetter   EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:28 pm

Ok so here it goes I got these three pages done I know that I am missing one of the fonts but I cant find where to download it with out haveing to pay. All feed back is welcome.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Loki
今晚想跟我上床吗?
今晚想跟我上床吗?
Loki

Joined date : 2010-07-19
Awards :  

Vongola Rain Guardian Please be my translator-slave Forum Police Medal Helping Hand Award This user was the first one that stepped into Muda Scantrad

PostSubject: Re: Applying for Typesetter    Applying for Typesetter   EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:54 am

at first sight your centering skills arent good at all - work on that
clone tool usage isnt good too , practice some more with that too
and word arrangement isnt good - do more for that too
Back to top Go down
itamaesan
Muda Scantrad's Princess
Muda Scantrad's Princess
itamaesan

Joined date : 2010-08-10
Awards :  

Vongola Mist Guardian Muda Scantrads Royal Family Helping Hand Award

PostSubject: Re: Applying for Typesetter    Applying for Typesetter   EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 1:13 pm

I'll give you my review as well when I get back from work.
Back to top Go down
Dark King
Editor
Editor
Dark King

Joined date : 2010-09-16
Awards :  

Mist Hell Ring User Helping Hand Award Cleaning Olympics 2010: Second place. Horny Pony Medal

PostSubject: Re: Applying for Typesetter    Applying for Typesetter   EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:50 pm

damn she must have some crazy hours o.0 youve been at work for three days Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HeiDenReX
Cleaner
Cleaner
HeiDenReX

Joined date : 2010-10-25
Awards :  

Vongola Lightning Guardian Cleaning Olympics 2010: Third place.

PostSubject: Re: Applying for Typesetter    Applying for Typesetter   EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:57 pm

DK.. Applying for Typesetter   490999
Back to top Go down
itamaesan
Muda Scantrad's Princess
Muda Scantrad's Princess
itamaesan

Joined date : 2010-08-10
Awards :  

Vongola Mist Guardian Muda Scantrads Royal Family Helping Hand Award

PostSubject: Re: Applying for Typesetter    Applying for Typesetter   EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:26 pm

STFU, DK. D:

For the record, I worked almost 30 hours in those few days, so gimme a break. ;A;

Another quick review for you, Lone. Sorry, will be more detailed when I get a chance:

1. Good choice of font usage. Thanks for paying attention to the bubbles and how they change to determine what fonts you should use. There are a few I would change; specifically, the last Psyren page. Try using Wild Words for all the fonts there instead of Yikes/Zoinks. (:

Also pay attention to what style your font is in - the second page is almost entirely in Italics, when it should be in plain Roman.

2. Loki's correct on your centering - it could use just a little more work. Try zooming out on the page in Photoshop to check your centering. This usually helps me decide if the font's in the center of the bubble or not.

3. Lastly, don't be afraid to play around with the size of the text box you make when typesetting. Make it smaller on the sides - just because you draw the text box the same size as the bubble doesn't mean it has the stay the same size. This also helps when you're trying to center the font. (:

All in all, a decent first try. If you wouldn't mind, can I see you do the next three pages of the test, keeping these changes in mind? (: Don't forget to upload to Imageshack and change it to "Do Not Resize" before uploading.
Back to top Go down
LoneWolf
I want a Llama!
LoneWolf

Joined date : 2010-10-19
Awards :  

Storm Mare Ring

PostSubject: Re: Applying for Typesetter    Applying for Typesetter   EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:23 pm

kk I'll work on them when I get off work tonight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Applying for Typesetter    Applying for Typesetter   Empty

Back to top Go down

Applying for Typesetter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muda Scantrad :: Scanlation Lobby :: Recruitment-