Muda Scantrad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muda Scanlation group. Come and have fun with us!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON! - WE MOVED! PLEASE VISIT US HERE FROM NOW ON!
ATTENTION: In short, we will be moving all our releases to a blog! The rest of the forum will keep running normally.
Now follow us on Twitter!! @MudaScans
If you wanna have some chat with us, come here ^^ : irc://irc.irchighway.net/Muda-Scanlations
If you want to help us with the edition of our series, don't forget to apply here!

Share | 

Start from 0? No experience? Read here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kiba
Administrator
Administrator
Kiba

Joined date : 2010-07-17
Awards :  

Vongola 10th Boss Forum Police Medal Mad Scientist Medal

Start from 0? No experience? Read here! _
PostSubject: Start from 0? No experience? Read here!   Start from 0? No experience? Read here! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:29 pm

Yeah, this is a copypaste of what I have said multiple times in various application threads :3 That's why I thought, "instead of copypasting it every time an unexperienced editor applies, why don't we just create a stickie for it?" Razz

Here are the tools you are gonna need to be a scanlator:

Spoiler:

Personally, I use photoshop CS3 (because I have a crappy PC with little memory), and the link provided for it was from MY photoshop, so you don't have to worry about viruses and such. However, CS5 is the last version, and it was given to me by a dear friend (but I haven't installed it yet because I don't know if my PC will be able to handle it), I also think its already cracked (always talking about CS5).

You will also need Topaz Denoise and Topaz Clean. All the files provided are from my computer, so again, don't worry about malicious software Razz

--------

After you have downloaded the required software for cleaning, please read this tutorial, and after that, this one:

*http://www.mediafire.com/?wol0dmj1jmy

This is a more advanced cleaning tutorial, made by one of the old pro's of FH, about how to clean in HQ. Obviously, you don't have to actually clean anything in HQ (we don't clean in HQ after all), but I learned all the cleaning basics from there, and so that's why I really recommend it.

After that, pick any raw page you like, clean it and then post your results here. I will check it when you finish. I suggest you to download any psyren chapter from Vicissitude from Raw Distro, but you will need IRC to do so. If you don't have it, then I will upload a raw chapter for you.

The positions: Cleaner, TSer, Translator and Proofreader.

A cleaner is someone that takes the "raw manga page"(a RAW is the scanned page of the magazine. It looks just like anewspaper page) and edits it in order to end up with those sexy blackand white pages :p It's not that hard when you learn how to do it xD

A Typeseter is someone that takes the cleaned page and puts the text in the bubbles (where the japanese text used to be).

A Translator is someone that translates the japanese text into english.

And a Proof-reader is someone that takes the translator's script and makes changes to it, corrects mistakes and such.

Last edited by Kiba on Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:16 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated! ^^)
Back to top Go down
https://mudascantrad.forummotion.com
HeartKreuz
Where am I?

Joined date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Start from 0? No experience? Read here!   Start from 0? No experience? Read here! EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:19 pm

i cant click topaz labs on my cs5 and where do i place the serial?

k nvm it opens on my cs2 xD
Back to top Go down
Solbaky

Joined date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Start from 0? No experience? Read here!   Start from 0? No experience? Read here! EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:56 pm

well i will like to try it any position will be fine except translate, as i only know spanish and a little french. and i am really good with getting use to all types of programs just tell me were to apply.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
I want a Llama!
Phoenix

Joined date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Start from 0? No experience? Read here!   Start from 0? No experience? Read here! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:53 am

first think of what stream you're going to help in.Cleaner? Typesetter? or both?
Then, create a new thread at: https://mudascantrad.forummotion.com/recruitment-f5/

Title may be: "Applying for ________" you can fill in the name of the stream you'd like to help, in the blank.

Enjoy your time in the forums.
Back to top Go down
Dark King
Editor
Editor
Dark King

Joined date : 2010-09-16
Awards :  

Mist Hell Ring User Helping Hand Award Cleaning Olympics 2010: Second place. Horny Pony Medal

PostSubject: Re: Start from 0? No experience? Read here!   Start from 0? No experience? Read here! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:53 am

Thanx 4 the download but your cs3 is in spanish and i cant figure out how to change it. like you i have an older pc so i don't want to install cs5 unless i have to. Everything i have though just need to get this in english
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
I want a Llama!
Phoenix

Joined date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Start from 0? No experience? Read here!   Start from 0? No experience? Read here! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:26 am

Dark king? are you dark sin? Fairy Tail captain? (of FH)
Back to top Go down
Kiba
Administrator
Administrator
Kiba

Awards :  

PostSubject: Re: Start from 0? No experience? Read here!   Start from 0? No experience? Read here! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:56 am

Dark King wrote:
Thanx 4 the download but your cs3 is in spanish and i cant figure out how to change it. like you i have an older pc so i don't want to install cs5 unless i have to. Everything i have though just need to get this in english

Sry, can't help you there ">.< You will have to visit some warez site to find it, since it's an old software.
Back to top Go down
Helios666
Where am I?
Helios666

Joined date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Start from 0? No experience? Read here!   Start from 0? No experience? Read here! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:41 am

do we need to pay for the download? ^_^ sorry its my first time to download this kind of things
Back to top Go down
HeiDenReX
Cleaner
Cleaner
HeiDenReX

Joined date : 2010-10-25
Awards :  

Vongola Lightning Guardian Cleaning Olympics 2010: Third place.

PostSubject: Re: Start from 0? No experience? Read here!   Start from 0? No experience? Read here! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:43 am

nope its free, only the serials weren't there..
Back to top Go down
Helios666
Where am I?
Helios666

Joined date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Start from 0? No experience? Read here!   Start from 0? No experience? Read here! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:46 am

oh. thanks a lot. ill be back if i still cant understand what to do. ^_^v
Back to top Go down
Kiba
Administrator
Administrator
Kiba

Awards :  

PostSubject: Re: Start from 0? No experience? Read here!   Start from 0? No experience? Read here! EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:14 am

Helios666 wrote:
do we need to pay for the download? ^_^ sorry its my first time to download this kind of things

Of course not Razz
Back to top Go down
dsc782548
dsc782548

Joined date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Start from 0? No experience? Read here!   Start from 0? No experience? Read here! EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 11:01 pm

THANK YOU!!!!
Back to top Go down
x3Rampage

Joined date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Start from 0? No experience? Read here!   Start from 0? No experience? Read here! EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 6:49 pm

any guides for translator? coz

"A Translator is someone that translates the japanese text into english."

seems a little short n applicable by anyone who knows both languages
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start from 0? No experience? Read here!   Start from 0? No experience? Read here! Empty

Back to top Go down

Start from 0? No experience? Read here!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Muda Scantrad :: Scanlation Lobby :: Recruitment-